Altea’s Eatery in Worcester has released the five course brunch menu that Chef Enton Mehillaj has prepared for their Signature Dining Event as part of the 2017 Worcester Wine Festival. The menu is focused on thoughtfully sourced, honest American food with a French twist. The “Bubbles & Brunch” menu (whose $50 price is inclusive of food, beverages, tax, and gratuity) is paired with a selection of Global Wine’s portfolio. You’ll start off with a mimosa and work your way through the flavor profiles from Italy, Oregon and Spain with Prosecco, Cava, Moscato d’Asti and more. The variation of bubbles are the perfect balance to match the flavors and texture in each delectable dish. The brunch, includes:
- Housemade Granola (Greek yogurt, honey, assorted berries) paired with Kelsey Sparkling Mimosas
- Spiced Sugar Beignets (Strawberry compote, crème fraiche) with Borgo del Col Alto Prosecco
- Frittata (Bacon, leeks, gruyère cheese, topped with greens) paired with Iris Pinot Gris
- Croque Monsieur (Black Forest ham, gruyère cheese, mornay sauce, on country white bread) paired with Flama d’Or Cava Rose
- Nutella Crêpe (Fresh strawberry and banana) paired with Mozzafiato Moscato d’Asti
The Worcester Wine Festival, which is a three day festival during Columbus Day weekend was created to bring the community together around wine. In addition to the Signature Wine Dinners, featuring restaurants like Lock 50, Bocado, The People’s Kitchen, Altea’s and more, the culminating event is the Grand Tasting which is scheduled on Sunday at Union Station. The Grand Tasting offers an intimate setting where attendees can taste over 400 wines, speak directly with the vineyard owners, and be educated on all things wine. In addition, the presenting sponsor, the Worcester Art Museum, will be hosting both a wine auction and a wall of wine raffle allowing attendees the chance to take home some of the best wines available.