- This event has passed.
Fall Crawl: Food, Drink, and Haunted Canal District History
October 11, 2018 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$65
The follow-up walking tour event to the Summer version with Worcester Canal Food Tours. This time, enjoy haunted lore of the city’s most walkable neighborhood while enjoying food and beverages of local restaurants.
In about three hours, we indulge in substantial food tastings from at least five locally-owned food stops. All in less than a mile of easy walking. We do more than eat though. First we connect through food to the hard-working people at each food stop and then your local guide helps you connect to the Canal District by walking and talking about the highlights of its history. Even learn some trivia that only a local would know.
Registration and the guided tour led by Lori, the Canal Food Tour Lady, will begin at STEAM Energy Cafe promptly at 6:00 pm:
- STEAM Energy Cafe (Acai bowl, water, and coffee)
- History of Harding Street
- Buck’s Burger and Whiskey Bar (Pulled pork sliders + cash bar with craft beer and whiskey drink specials)
- History of 42 Green Street
- The Hangover Pub (Menu Coming + an adult juice box prepared by Joy Flanagan featuring products by MS Walker Imports)
- Table Talk Pies (Pie Milk Shakes + pies to-go)
- History of Crompton
- Lock 50
The fine print: Tickets must be purchased online, and will not be available at registration. Please park at the Worcester Ice Center (the location of the first stop) and plan on attending rain or shine—there is no rain date and no refunds. Any allergies (not preferences) must be submitted during ticket purchase so restaurants can be aware of any dietary restrictions. The evening will begin promptly at 6:00 pm with registration and check-in. The tour will conclude at 9pm.